Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28, 2013

Today was the first time Cecilia didn't scream bloody murder in the bath in months. I honestly cannot remember a time when she didn't scream her head off during baths...maybe when she was a few months old? I finally wised up, though. I decided to start washing her hair in the kitchen sink so I could have better control over the situation (aka her writhing, wiggling, thrashing body) and then give her baths separately. It worked! No washing of the hair meant a happy baby in the bath. Hallelujah. She will still make hair washing in the sink hell, but at least it's easier when she's at counter level. 

--

I got a Mother's Day card from Cecilia's birth mom. It meant a lot to me...it meant that she views me as a mother, not just someone taking care of her kid for her. Sometimes things feel a little sticky with her, but mostly I think we got quite lucky all around.

--

Simon is a joy. He embodies the expression "zest for life." I love how confident and outgoing he is. I pray he always stays that way, for his sake. 

--

Laundry continues to be a constant struggle for me. I cannot stay on top of it for the life of me. A first world problem, yes?

--

A friend of mine is running a half marathon in August and I'm kinda sorta thinking about joining her. I refuse to commit, but it sounds nice. This probably means I have to start running regularly. As of late I've been good for about one run a week...not quite enough for half marathon training. We'll see. 

--

That's all I got for now. Off to fold laundry. 

Curses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment