Wednesday, August 7, 2013

State Fair 2013

What's a summer without State Fair?

I don't know, but I do know that this year was not all that fun if I'm being completely honest. Only because it was so much more crowded than it normally is that we just didn't get to see/do as much as we normally would. I don't know what the crowds were all about, but they were insane. We didn't go through animal buildings, didn't see pig races and didn't get a cream puff. We did, however, go on the big slide, spend a lot of money on food and watch a monkey show.

Simon and his cousins were sitting right up front at the start of the monkey show and the SECOND Simon saw that baboon emerge he was on his feet and running to the back.


After a few seconds of realizing he wasn't going to be attacked, he slowly inched his way closer and loved every second of the show (frankly, so did I).


I couldn't get a good angle because of damn crowds but you can see his laughter in his neck :)


Here is Auntie Allison's "this is how I feel about going to State Fair with children" look :)


This is my "a little eyeliner and mascara go a long way so I should really take 30 seconds to do this every day" look:

So that's State Fair 2013. I might request a report from the State Fair people to find the least busy time and day next year :)

1 comment:

  1. That's how we felt last year so we're not even going to try this year. Hope it will be better next year but last year with a 2 year old in a crowd - NIGHTMARE. At least you have some nice memories.

    ReplyDelete