Friday, March 25, 2011

Because I want to remember it all...

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a patchy memory at best. My friends will talk about things that happened in college and high school and I can't help but give them a blank stare half the time (hell, I don't even remember my little sister's first 6 years of life). I like to think it's because I was too busy living in the moment to lock anything into the old memory bank, but let's face it, the old memory bank just has a couple of holes in it. Hopefully those holes aren't indicating a bigger problem and I'm really just a good old fashioned ditz.

Anyways, it occurred to me about 20 minutes ago that I have a bad memory and I am not doing NEARLY enough to document these precious years with my son. I am not great with taking photos every day and I don't always write down the funny stories or the milestones. I don't think you have to do these things to be a great mom, but I want to remember it all (hence my title...clever huh?). I'm about to have a panic attack that his first 3 years have gone by and I'm not going to remember any of it....well, better late than never.

So here goes nothing. A blog. About me. About my family. Mostly about that little guy napping upstairs. My one and only Simon.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for this Theresa!!! I don't get to see Simon (or you for that matter) nearly enough and I get a kick out of him and all your perspectives on parenting. I hope you blog deep, light, special, sad, exciting and more and more often. I'll be one of your followers and biggest fans. I think of my blog as a glorified baby book for E but also an outlet for me. Watch out world-----!

    ReplyDelete