Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I miss "Ya-Ya"

For a long time, Simon exclusively referred to me as "Ya-Ya." Nobody is totally sure where that came from, but I loved it. It stuck with him until he was a little over two if I remember correctly (but we've now established that my memory is just left of perfect, so who really knows). Anyways, he eventually started throwing a Mommy or a Mama or a MawMaw my way, and eventually Ya-Ya became a distant memory. Then yesterday all those other adorable names for me seemed to find their graves too.

I got "Is this your scarf, Theresa?" and a "Thanks, Mom" all in one day. Is he trying to kill me?!

Luckily this morning, his usual singsong of "Moooooommmmyyyy, where aaaarrrrrre you?" rang through my ears. I really need to record that somehow, because like Ya-Ya, I'm going to miss it one day.

3 comments:

  1. i remember ya-ya..and i think you might be remembering wrong..but can't be sure. i think he did it longer than 2yrs!! but you are right--it definitely lost it's way somewhere in the 3rd year....
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just goes to show I wasn't kidding when I said my memory is patchy! :) I think you are right that it was well past 2, but it was definitely done well before 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Theresa! I can't believe he called you "Theresa" lol :) I remember when I was little I called my mom "Jenni" once because my dad said it and I thought it would make me sound older...you're such a good Mom...Simon's lucky :)

    ReplyDelete