Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Did you know...?

Did you know that iguanas eat strawberries then poop out the seeds so more of the delicious fruit can grow?

I saw this on Go, Diego, Go!, Simon's show du jour. The iguana is whining that he has to "go" and Diego flies with him through the jungle (vine to vine, Tarzan style) to get to the strawberry fields before the iguana loses control of his bowels. They make it to the fields and the iguana goes up and down the rows effortlessly squeezing out the seeds in perfect little fecal piles while a cheering section is going wild for him.

Simon, I endure awful TV shows for you. Dora repeats herself over and over and over and over and wears a shirt that is too small (why?). Max and Ruby are bunny children that live in a 2 story home by themselves. Bubble Guppies are mermaids (?) who are trying to teach something I've yet to identify. Umizoomi has songs that I cant. get. out. of. my. head. But being the bad mom that I am, I let you continue to watch them and love how they soothe you when you are waking up in the morning or after a nap. TV really can be a mom's best friend (but you didn't hear it from me).

{Oh and if you are wondering, I consulted google and could find no evidence that iguanas help strawberry farmers in anyway outside of Diego's Abuelito's farm. They are still safe to eat.}

2 comments:

  1. i do not watch go, diego, go...but i am laughing so hard right now..my smile is hurting!!
    hahahhahahahaha
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. all those shows are in my future. Eli does already know Dora but we've never seen an episode. maybe at day care? i agree-a cartoon can be a mom's saving grace. judge away america. RR

    ReplyDelete