Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Farm

Today was Simon's first field trip and first ride on a school bus. I think he was equally excited about both opportunities...

The bus was full of moms (and two dads) and their squirrelly children. Luckily it was only a 10 minute drive as it was BUMPY and while I never get motion sickness, I was on the verge of it by the time we got there. It made me wonder if bus rides were always like that or if I just noticed now that I'm old.


After we got there, it was onto pumpkin picking right away:






He finally picked one that looked like an egg or an "eggy" as he says (why the "ee" sound follows 90% of his words I'll never know):


Snack time with Parker and Anna next to him, and Dylan and Lauren on the other side with Mrs. Hanson:


Mrs. Hanson requested all the kids get together for a picture. Simon adamantly REFUSED. He pitched a total fit and no amount of bribing was going to get him to go near that group. He ran off and I stopped to get a quick picture anyways of the cooperative children:


He ran a short way into the corn maze he earlier refused to go into and found this creepy couch, which finally made him smile:



It started off great and slowly went downhill, but I think most of the kids were feeling what he was feeling...tired. Now he is quiet upstairs and HOPEFULLY napping. Time will tell...

2 comments:

  1. What cute pictures!! So fun that you can go along for these kind of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that second picture. That field looks so overwhelming for a little one that needs to pick one pumpkin :) Happy Fall! Hope he napped!

    Sarah
    Www.fortheloveofnaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete