Monday, October 3, 2011

In 20 Years

This weekend, a friend of mine asked if I had any career aspirations for later in life, like 20 years from now after my kiddos are no longer kiddos. The first response that popped out of my mouth was something on the lines of "not really."

That's not entirely true, though. It is very true that I don't have a future career mapped out and don't see myself becoming a full-time career woman, but I do want to do something useful with my time. As fun as sitting around eating bon-bons can be, I'm sure it wouldn't exactly be fulfilling as a full-time job.

Who knows, maybe I'll be a foster mom or a counselor or a writer or a volunteer or a maid (haha) or a dog walker or a chef or a yoga instructor. Nothing that's likely to change the world, but hopefully something that will contribute to it. I guess we'll have to wait it out and see where life takes me...

1 comment:

  1. I hope to still know you in an amazing 20 years. I don't tell anyone what my DREAM job is, but I love to hear what others aspirations are. RR

    ReplyDelete