Friday, October 21, 2011

A Strange Phenomenon

When Simon was first potty trained, I knew that if I ever said anything like, "he hasn't had an accident in forever," I'd be cleaning up pee by sunset. How did I know? Because it happened pretty much every time.

I took this lesson to heart when it came to vomit. Whenever anyone would discuss their kid's vomiting (normal discussion, right?) I would do my best to stay quiet because I didn't want to jinx the puke-free streak we've had since the days of baby spit up.

So early last week when I was discussing with a friend what seemed like a lot or a little in regards to the number of times for a child to vomit in their young lifetimes, I said it. I said something on the lines of "anything seems like a lot I guess because we've been lucky so far...but mark my words, now by the end of the week he'll probably puke." I even went as far as to call my sister to tell her I'd have a puker by the end of the week because I opened my big fat mouth.

But, alas, I was wrong. The puke didn't come until the end of the following week....

0 comments:

Post a Comment