Monday, March 12, 2012

Rx

I took Cecilia to the doctor for the 4th time today since returning home with her. She is 6 weeks old tomorrow and we weren't even in the state for her first week....do the math. Apparently I am "that mom" that the doctors and nurses are probably wishing would find a new clinic already. But what are you supposed to do when your baby isn't eating right or is gagging in the middle of the night or has a weird diaper rash or a cough or, or, or, or...? You call on the doc and hope he can solve your problem.

Our doctor did put his problem solver hat on and we are left with this (for a variety of ailments):
  • Saline drops in each nose, as needed
  • Humidifier on all night, as needed
  • Rice cereal in bottle before bed, indefinitely
  • Reflux meds, once a day indefinitely
  • Breathing meds, twice a day for 5 days
  • Inhaler, directions too complicated to list for 10 days
  • Cream, applied to nether regions 4 times daily for 10 days
Got all that?

I took this peanut in for the lady parts issue and she happened to have a cough that started yesterday so I had them check that out as well. It turns out she has restricted airways so we gave her a breathing treatment in the office and then we were off to the pharmacy. We got there and the pharmacist at Target disagreed with what the doctor ordered so we waited there for an hour for the doctor to call back (I finally called myself and got through right away).

So three hours after her initial appointment was scheduled we were on our way home with a mini-pharmacy in tow and the uneasy feeling that maybe she doesn't really need to be pumped full of so many drugs already; I don't want her to get more sick so I want to take care of business, but I also don't want to overdo it.

Insert concerned face here.

All I want is for these two to be healthy and happy, but sometimes it's not always easy figuring out how to make that happen....



0 comments:

Post a Comment