Saturday, May 19, 2012

A million

Since my last post, there have been a million things I've wanted to take the time to write about. I started a few posts, but so quickly got distracted with my to-do list a mile long that I aborted the blog mission and simply tended to other things. I do want to document a few things from the past couple of weeks, though...

Run Like a Mother
If you know me, you know that I've been planning my first 5K race since the end of last year. All around, I think it went well. We had beautiful weather, over three hundred runners and and the ambulance crew we hired didn't need to be used - THANK GOODNESS :)

I am still overwhelmed by all the family and friends who gave up their Mother's Day morning to help me. I had small a handful of friends actually run it and the rest let me put them to work! Thank you doesn't seem like quite enough. All I can say is that I owe you and your presence was both noted and will not be forgotten. I am one lucky s.o.b. to have such wonderful people in my life!

Run Like a Mother - One Mile Race



Simon ran in his first race that morning. Seeing him take off literally brought me to tears (thanks Danielle for talking me off the ledge). I think the combination of seeing the race finally come together and seeing his determined little face taking off was just too much for me. So I had a mini-meltdown, took a couple of deep breaths, and refocused. I'm happy to report that my uncle got video of Simon starting and finishing!

In this first video, you can't see him for about 10 seconds but then he comes into full view...


In this second video, he finishes his first one mile race in 15:49. As runner parents, you can imagine how proud we were!


All around, Mother's Day 2012 was a great day. And let's not forget that it was my first Mother's Day as a mom of TWO! :) More on this day another time. Right now, my baby is waking up and it's time to get ready for her baptism!

1 comment:

  1. love the videos....love the cheering for him. i would have been really teary. wish i could have been there. rr

    ReplyDelete