Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hair!

So it's been a hot minute since I've posted much about Cecilia's hair, a subject that more or less took over this space for awhile. The thing is that for the past several months I have not been able to try anything new. We've basically had 2 options: 2-3 puff ponytails or twist the front section back into 2-3 puff ponytails (shown below). These have been our options because I absolutely will not risk spending time on trying anything new because time is of the essence right now. Cecilia is a healthy 19 month old, after all. And what healthy 19 month old wants to sit and have their hair messed with for hours? None that I can think of.

Today she was awesome, though. She no longer fights hair washing (THANK GOD!) and she is obsessed with iPhones so we handed her Bryan's and she was good to go. I took these pictures almost exactly 45 minutes apart. I'm rather amazed that in 45 minutes we transitioned from one look to the next, including washing and detangling. It was quite the treat.

So thank you, beautiful girl, for having an unhealthy obsession with gadgets at such a young age....it's really making hair time so much more manageable for us both :)




And I think now would be a good time to share the running commentary in my head when I look at the above pictures: "Holy SHIT this kid is {stronger than "shit" expletive} beautiful." Please tell me you curse in your head to describe how much you love and think your kids are beautiful?! Haha. I'm sure I'm not the only one :) Also, "God that's a lot of hair," is mixed in there. Seriously. Look at it. There's a lot. Can you tell?


This final product photo doesn't really do it justice, but there you have it! From fro to styled in 45 minutes. Boom.

2 comments:

  1. She is growing up WAY too fast!! In that last picture, I can fastforward 12 years and see her as a new teenager! Wow!!
    Good job Mom!
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hair updates. Just think in a few years you'll have to work on teaching her how! Rr

    ReplyDelete