Monday, September 30, 2013

Chris and Brenda, Sitting in a Tree

This past weekend a very old friend married a very new friend. It was such a fun day and and definitely the most fun wedding we've been to in years! No offense to anyone's wedding over the past few years, but this one had all of our oldest, closest friends in attendance so there's just no competing with that. Here were the highlights from my seat:

  • Seeing Wes and Macey walk down the aisle. Their (terrified) smiles were PRICELESS. 
  • Laura telling us how Mike got her a Nutter Butter ice cream thing (too long to retell, but it was funny).
  • Wes saying to Tiffany, "So. I see that you're wearing glasses." And later, "So who's the bo-" but he was unable to finish his question because his mother smacked him on the arm so fast.
  • Going to get drinks in between the ceremony and reception with Andy, Peggy, Jason and Bryan.
  • Going to Home Depot with the aforementioned crew so Bryan could get rubber cement in an attempt to glue his heel back onto his shoe. It fell over several times throughout the night. Our dinner table smelled like the rubber cement and several people indicated they'd like to huff it.
  • Charlie's bib/tie.
  • Seeing all of our good friends looking so handsome and dressed up! We all clean up nicely I think.
  • At one point every single person in our group was on the dance floor, including the guys and gals who usually "chair dance" as Deanna calls it. It was only one song that brought everyone to their feet and I THINK it may have been a Miley Cyrus song, but I can't be sure. 
  • I got really drunk for literally 5 minutes. Someone bought everyone shots and I wound up having 2 of them. I think they were my second and third shots in my whole life. Well about 10 minutes later it HIT me and 15 minutes later I was good to go again. Very odd experience.
  • Andy being there!
  • Andy laughing about the fact that he heard literally 5 different women comment at the ceremony about how there were two people named Macey in the wedding party.
  • We had a 30 minute after party at the Taylors and I don't think I've ever seen Mike Taylor laugh that hard in the 10+ years I've known him. He sent a drunk text to Andy, which Andy retold to Mike once we arrived and Mike LOST it. I thought he might puke. Lots of laughs all around in that 30 minutes. (The text had something to do with a badger.)
  • Seeing Chris and Brenda together was awesome. They are so perfect together. He's a little more serious and she's a little more wild, and I think they compliment each other perfectly. I am so happy to have her a part of our little group and I think I even like Chris a little more because he picked her. Haha :) 
I'm sure there's a million things that I missed, but I guess these are the things that stick out 2 days later. Congrats and love to you both :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment