Wednesday, October 16, 2013

1) Dog Update, 2) Cecilia is Crazy

1) So it turns out that our dog DOES have the disease the vets suspected. Addison's disease. Luckily she was able to pull through her body trying to shut down on her with the aid of meds and fluids and now she should be good to go. She will be getting pills twice a day for the rest of her life, but she shouldn't get sick from this again as long as we don't miss any doses. I need to come up with a system to remember! So far I have reminders on my phone set, but I might need to physically write down when I do it so that I can be 100% sure. So that is that!

2) Last night Cecilia REALLY didn't want to be in her crib so she got on her tip toes, jumped a little and flipped herself right out. I was right there and saw it happen, but it was dark so it was hard to see. And I couldn't believe what I was seeing so that just added to the confusion. One second she was there and the next I see her diving for the ground. She basically landed on the back of her head/back/butt. I was so afraid to touch her for fear she broke her neck, but she popped up right away and came into my arms. Since she stopped crying within about a minute I figured she escaped uninjured somehow. She slept with us in our bed last night because we didn't know what else to do, and this morning I monkeyed around with her crib so that the bars now go up to her chin. If she really tried to climb out, I'm sure she could but she won't be able to just topple out like she did last night. So right now, I am glued to the video monitor because after a 30 minute nap she woke up crying. 30 minutes is unacceptable so I'm trying to let her cry herself back to sleep, but I'm worried she is going to somehow manage to escape again....

Gooooood times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment