Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bearing Rings

The Universe decided to remind me it's listening. I just posted about how Simon has become so much easier to manage, but yesterday made me a bit of a liar.

Simon was the ring bearer in a wedding yesterday. At the rehearsal on Friday he did great...not a care in the world as he sauntered down the aisle, wondering why the flower girl kept her head down and wouldn't walk as fast as him. If I were a betting gal, I would have bet that the little girl would have been the one to get spooked by all the people in the church at the actual wedding.

But, alas, she was not.

Apparently right before they were about to head down the aisle, someone said, "Are you ready, Simon?! This is it!" or something on those lines and just like that Simon was "shy." He buried himself into Bryan and no amount of bribing or promising of toys or pleading was going to get him to walk. A couple times he did try, but ran back to Bryan soon enough.

For your viewing pleasure, here is Simon scared to death of walking down that long aisle (look for him behind the cutie pie flower girl). Sorry it's super shaky, but I was giggling...



The real fun began after this point. He couldn't calm down because he wanted his turn and I think he felt bad for not doing it. Eventually I went out to talk to him and brought him back in the church. When everyone stood at one point, we walked down to my original seat. When we got there, he promptly asked for the surprise he was promised if he did it.

He's lucky he's cute.

I had my nice camera literally right next to me, but reached for my iPhone instead...oh well.
As a side note, this was probably the fanciest wedding we've ever been to. There were literally waiters walking around with silver platters offering up appetizers and champagne with raspberries floating in them. It was at a beautiful country club that overlooked a lake so sitting outside was wonderful (and the breeze was strong enough to keep the bugs away). I couldn't even begin to explain the rest of details that went into this wedding. So congrats to the bride and groom, and sorry my kid flaking out was probably the only thing that didn't go as planned! Sounds about right, though :)

And the lady who got more smiles all day than you could imagine....

I'm sorry, but how cute is this little thing?! And she napped through dinner - thank you, Baby Girl!
 

2 comments:

  1. He looks so cute :) Love the video!! Haha...makes for more of a story that he didn't walk down! And Cecie is just so dang cute!! (That's how you decided to spell her name, right?)

    AG

    ReplyDelete