Thursday, June 28, 2012

Boy of the house.

Last night Simon was pretty tired by the time bedtime rolled around so there were very few shenanigans leading up to the moment when I told him I loved him before closing the door for the night. He got into the jammies he picked out and plopped onto my lap with a book of his choosing. A few pages into the book, Bryan peeked in the door, looked at us and chuckled. It occurred to me what was so funny and I had a hard time getting through the rest of the book without giggling through each word. You see, it was a hot June day yesterday. Like stifling 90 degrees hot.

And there we were, snuggled up and reading Elmo's Night Before Christmas while Simon was wearing his fleece jammies with snow globes and snow flakes all over them.

It was just one of those weird moments that hit you the right way and you just can't stop laughing at the absurdity, even though it's really not that funny. I guess I brought the shenanigans last night.

{Ten minutes later he called me up to tell me his neck was "all wet" and that he thought he should maybe just sleep in his undies. I told him it was a great idea.}



--

Today Bryan took a long lunch and met us at the kiddie pool at the Y. It was too hot for a baby (at least my sweaty baby) to be outside much so I thought this was perfect. I was able to put Cecilia in the kid care at the Y and just go play with Simon. Bryan wasn't able to stay super long, but I think Simon thought it was cool that we were both there with him for a while.

We were swimming around and every once in a while he would just stop to tell me he loved me. Such a sweetheart sometimes! It's funny that for four years it was just us and now these moments of uninterrupted time are so few and far between. I wouldn't have it any other way of course, but I need to try to get that one on one time a little more. It was just plain fun.

I got into my suit before we left and when Bryan got home Simon said, "Hey Dad, Mumma has a swim suit on and she put her big boobs in there!" He then wanted "uppy" which was code for "closer to your boobs so I can grab them."

Yup. Gotta love 4 year olds :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment