Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Would they, would she...

Would they have swaddled her?
Would she respond so completely to the sound of another mom?
Would they have given her a nuk?
Would she be as relaxed?
Would they have tried different formula because it seemed like her tummy hurt?
Would she ride in a safe car seat, sleep in a crib, go for walks?
Would they have tried so hard to take care of the dry skin on her face?
Would she be snuggled and kissed and hugged and told she was loved?
Would they have called the doctor when her diaper area didn't look right?
Would she be smiling and giggling and playing with toys?
Would they help her find her way to her back after she rolled to her tummy for the 100th time that day?
Would she know how important she is?
Would they think "God, I love you" and "God, you're cute" a million times a day?

The answer is maybe...and I hope so...and we'll never know. I rest easy looking into those beautiful brown eyes knowing that we can answer all of those questions with a resounding yes. Yes, this is her life and yes, she is loved and yes, she is well cared for in every way possible. It could have been so different for that innocent little being but here she is, with us. I don't know why I would bother wondering about what her life might have been, but I cannot help it. The reality is that it could so easily have been different for her.

I wonder when I will fully wrap my head around this whole adoption business...clearly 4 months isn't quite enough time! :) In the meantime, we'll just keep doing our thing....

My first attempt at finger coils. I need some product to get them to stay, but it's a start!

And pigtails! A little easier of a style with more longevity. This hair journey is going to be fun :)

3 comments:

  1. To have all those emotions and thoughts on top of the normal mama thoughts and emotions what an amazing journey you are on. Thanks for sharing! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn how to do those finger coils!! Love it. Cecie..I'm your girl. I'm ready to learn your hair as soon as it's long enough!! Can't wait!! And Cecie?...you're lucky. Very, very lucky.
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this post. REALLY love it. And not just for those over-the-top-cute pictures, but for the concept. Amazing...so much to think about forever with that special girl. Love seeing you a mom of a healty, baby girl and so happy--all that waiting. WELL WORTH IT. RR

    ReplyDelete