Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Curly Sue

So. This is what I'm working with.


This girl's mop continues to grow thicker, curlier and coarser. This means that I'm struggling more and more to take proper care of it. It's not quite long enough to really style it in a completely protective way and even if it were, I don't think either of us could tolerate the time it would take to accomplish it (and it probably wouldn't last very long anyway, what with her favorite past time being putting blankets over her head and pulling them down over and over...breaks my heart and her hair).

Right now time is of the essence. Her patience is thin at best and I just don't have time to get very creative. Cheddar Bunnies have been an absolute life saver, though. They are her official hair time treat. She will only get them at hair time and I'm going to pray that they continue to buy me enough time to get something done each week. When do babies start watching tv? That's gotta help some day too, right???

Anyway, last week I tried something a little different and while I loved it the first day, it quickly frayed and looked like a hot mess in no time....



So today it was back to what's been working. Flat rope twists into pigtails with another pony in the back. Hoping it lasts a good solid week!

{You can see the remains of a crushed Cheddar Bunny in her hand and the subsequent glee on her face from having just dropped it on the floor...she was thinking this was naughty and therefore hilarious.}



-----

A friend of mine commented that Simon got a whole blog post to himself last week and there wasn't a single picture of Cecilia. I feel bad for having so many more pictures of her, but seriously, this is a normal response out of him when I pull out the camera:





I can't help that I can still strap C into a high chair and that she thinks peek-a-boo is the funniest thing ever. So imagine my delight when Simon ASKED to have his picture taken next to his balloon that he got to stick to the wall, which he thought was awesome. 


Beautiful boy, beautiful smile. Oh happy day!

--

And by request, here is a flashback video from September 2010 :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment