Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What's going on?

Blogging has kind of taken a back burner this summer for a few reasons, but the biggest reason is that I feel like if I'm going to be sitting at my computer, it should probably be to get some work done. Then once I do a little work, I don't want to be sitting at my computer anymore. And around we go.

June turned out to be a busy month for me in regards to my photography "business" (it will be in quotes for a while, seems fake still). My goal for this whole thing was to do 2-3 sessions a month until Cecie is in school a bit. In June I met with 7 families and I'll be doing the same in July. I don't expect to continue to have that many each month so I'm just trying to roll with it for now, but it is definitely keeping me busy during the little free time I get!

Today I have a kidless day, though, and I have a lot of big plans for it. It includes editing, blogging, laundry, cleaning and going to a jewelry store to see about getting my rings separated (the diamond to my engagement ring fell out so I'm just going to rock a wedding band for the time being). Then at 5:30 tonight I meet 1 month old Nellie for photos. I think I have plenty to keep myself busy all day...I just wish I had a good book to listen to (I just finished the Scent of Rain and Lightening and my only compliant is that it was too fast of a read, rendering me bookless today).

So without further ado, here is what we've been up to lately...

Cecilia is a climber now and this is not my favorite thing (along with a good solid handful or two of other things she does that are completely age appropriate):


We went to the zoo with my friend Jessi and decided to ride the train. Both kids loved it, of course:

C could not stop smiling (and trying to jump out) the whole time:

On July 3rd, my darling daughter scratched my eyeball. Apparently it was "severe" as it was a scratch the width of her fingernail. It was about as painful as it sounds. I technically didn't have to patch it because the doctor gave me a contact bandaid, but keeping it covered helped with the discomfort. Argh.

The next day we went to a carnival where a dad and his boy played manly games and won manly prizes:

And a girl was kept busy with a cob of corn pretty much the entire time:

My mom got the kids a kit to grow butterflies and wouldn't you know it, those little caterpillars turned right into butterflies as promised. Such a cool process to watch!

1 comment: