Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just a day in the life

We started our day with "potty training." I guess I have a lazy little bugger on my hands as he prefers me to de-pants him, put him on the potty, take him off the potty and re-pants him. Knowing he is off to preschool soon, I figured I should try to get myself out of that equation (why I let it go on for so long I don't know). So it was back to the bribes, just like when he started potty training. I told him he could have fruit snacks if he went completely by himself, and wouldn't you know it...he can de-pants himself, get on the potty himself, get off the potty himself and re-pants himself without so much as a look from me if fruit snacks are on the line. Fruit snacks = Power.

--

Simon recently learned how to use Netflix, which can be good and bad for reasons I probably don't need to specifically address. This morning after I turned the TV off he turned it back on when I was in the other room. I told him to turn it off and he replied, "but I don't know how." Right.

--

Later in the morning he was playing in his toy room and came out yelling "Super Hero!" He had a pillow case tucked in the back of his shirt like a cape and had on knee high red and white striped Christmas socks. Holiday Hero?

--

We went to the grocery store and after he dropped his box of "mac-in-roni" a woman stopped to pick it up for him. He responded with "Thank you!" then turned to me and said, "Mommy, that was so nice of that lady!"

--

We were on a walk and at his usual spot he got out of the stroller to walk over the bridge. He wiped out...pretty bad. Both knees, his arm and his head got scraped up. He clung to me like a sad spider monkey for the next quarter mile or so. Seeing baby ducks got him to stop crying, trickery got him back in the stroller. The rest of the evening was spent worried about those scraped knees all the way until he went to bed.

--

Bryan and Simon accompanied me to work tonight. At the store I work at we have energy chews that are kind of like fruit snacks (we know how much he loves his fruit snacks). Bryan said no. I said no. Next thing I know he's eating them and it looks like someone cut open the top for him. I asked Bryan if he gave them to him. My co-worker overheard and said, "Oh, he just came up to me and asked me to open it for him and acted like they were his." Smart and sneaky that boy is.

--

My day :)

1 comment:

  1. i love this post. so honest and hilarious...that little boy of yours. i'm so glad you can tell he brings you all the joy in the world even with his "little sneaky ways". thanks for making me smile today! RR

    ReplyDelete