Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nesting

I didn't realize what I was doing until well after I started, but I think I'm in "nesting mode." You can nest when you're adopting right? It seems that nesting isn't necessarily a hormonal drive to prepare for a baby, it's just a common sense drive. I fully accept acknowledge that my nesting may be a bit premature, but here we are anyways and I'm glad to have the motivation.


Notice anything?

That's right....I've reorganized my kitchen to make room for bottles. I can't be sure whether looking at them every day will be exciting or painful after a while. So far so good (after a whole 36 hours).

I've also started painting the baby room. I got about 3/4 done and will hopefully find time to finish soon (for those interested we decided to go with a deep lavender of sorts, but according to the eye doc I'm color "deficient" so who knows what it really is).

Also, while having no idea when this is all going to transpire, a few people have already given us lil' baby girl gifts and I'm just collecting them until I have a spot for everything (I'm sure my nesting will find a place soon). Adopting this unknown baby at an unknown time feels so impossible and so far away, but these things remind me that it is most likely going to happen....


Yes, the bib says "star of mommy's blog" and yes, that is a little teeny tiny baby tutu :) Damn that tutu....I want that phone call, like NOW!

1 comment:

  1. I have to come see the baby room! I can't believe you got it almost all painted already. When she does arrive, you'll be so happy you did all of this nesting now!!

    AG

    ReplyDelete