Friday, August 12, 2011

Update

I emailed my social worker for an update on August 1st. No response.
Then again on August 5th. No response.
Then I called on August 8th. No response.
Then I emailed again today, August 12th. A response!

My last email was a shade bitchy so I guess that was motivation enough for her to respond to me. Ultimately, as anticipated, there really wasn't much of an update to give. She did tell me that the only families that have been matched in the last month have either been boys or from states that we did not wish to adopt from (for a variety of reasons).

It's already tempting to change some of our preferences so that we have a better shot at getting picked sooner, but I'm trying to remember that we picked certain things for a reason and in a time when patience (or impatience) wasn't really a factor. For now, we're going to keep trusting our original decisions and keep waiting it out!

3 comments:

  1. So now you know to maybe be a shade bitchy and you'll get a response :) Whatever works! Someday your daughter will love to hear all of these stories...and better yet read all of the blogs!

    -AG

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are being assertive. RR

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm reading this right, the good news is people are picking you but you know who you are waiting for and she'll be here when she's ready. Just like all babies. Your portfolio was beautiful and I know you'll get your perfect match. So excited for you. hang in there. JG

    ReplyDelete