Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Taylor Weekend Number 7

Our friend's parents live on a lake just outside of Eagle River and they have a hunting cabin in their backyard that sleeps 10 or so people. The Taylor family has graciously accepted a group of us for a weekend every year since 2006 (plus another in '03) and I assume we will all keep trying our best to make it happen every year until it's just plain impossible. We swim out to a raft, play board games, play yard games, sit around the fire, go tubing, eat, drink, talk, laugh, relax, etc.

With any trip, I think there's often just one or two events that really stand out.

The first, which I will not go into much detail about, was how an afternoon thunderstorm lead to a few gals consuming a few too many drinks. I think. It's a little hazy.

The second will surely not be as funny to those not in our car, but if I'm ever in a bad mood I'm going to find this post, read it and laugh:

On the way up, Tiffany insisted on turning around to help a car in the ditch. On this rescue mission I stayed in the car assuming it was a trap (Law & Order anyone?), while Danielle and Bryan slowly approached the distressed vehicle. Meanwhile, Tiffany seemed stuck. I saw her head bob down abruptly and the door closed on her. It seemed a lone patch of wet grass was thwarting her attempts at heroics. After she wiped out the second time, she just decided to get back in the car with me to watch the action from afar.

We watched as Bryan put on a brave face and reached into the car; he pulled out an overweight, middle-aged gentlemen with an open jacket and a lot of chest hair blowing in the wind (where his shirt was, we're not sure). Bryan and Danielle started to back away as the man wobbled around insisting that the police were on their way. When they got back into the car they asked Tiffany why she didn't go try to help after making us turn the car around in the first place. I tried to explain with a straight face that she was physically unable to maneuver around the door....I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I love Taylor weekend :)

This is from 2010....I'm waiting to for someone to email me one from this year.  It's all the same people except this year a Jones brother stayed home and the other Jones brother brought his girlfriend.





0 comments:

Post a Comment