Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome to Las Vegas

I spend the final day in my 20s and the first day in my 30s in a way I never expected....partying in Vegas. And of course by "partying" I mean walking, eating, relaxing and getting to bed at a reasonable hour (hello, I'm 30...not 20).


I've decided to whip up a little highlight reel here...why? Because I want to remember it all.

-At MKE a random stranger gave me a random compliment....a good start to the weekend and a boost to my confidence as an almost 30 year old.

-We arrived to 100+ degree weather. The weatherman said it was 5 to 10 degrees higher than normal hence it was labeled a "heat wave," which I found comical.

-We got checked into our hotel and started walking. Forever. Walking from one hotel to the next on the strip is deceiving as everything is over-sized thus giving the illusion that you are not far from where you want to be (key word: illusion).

-We went to the pool in the afternoon but a kid pooped in it right before we got there. Apparently Trump guests are too cool for E-Coli poisoning. 

-We ate at a Mario Batali restaurant at The Venetian and it was EASILY one of the best meals I've ever had. Ever.

-The next day was pretty much the same as the one before only we went to the wax museum and saw Mystere (Cirque du Soleil), which was both amazing and trippy. We sat in the 4th row on the end and one of the performers literally scaled the railing right next to me...I was as close to him as I was to Bryan. I left feeling like I may have missed my calling in life - to get paid to fly and flip around attached to bungees? Oh how I would LOVE to do that for a living. In another life :)

--

The next thing I knew, we were in our driveway and Simon was in my arms. Back to reality! Time to settle in and do all the things thirty year olds are supposed to do...wear makeup, do their hair, save sweatpants for the gym, go to the gym, always have a clean house, greet everyone with a warm smile and just be plain put together.

Anyone else associate "thirty" with something akin to the Stepford Wives? :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment