Monday, April 2, 2012

2 months, 2 days

Today our little peanut is 2 months and 2 days old. How that happened, I'm not entirely sure.

I wish I could give some stats from her 2 month check up, but her doctor is in Singapore visiting his sister so we have to wait a couple of weeks for official numbers. I can give some other updates, though...

-She is getting stronger every day. She can generally hold her head up fine, but is still a little wobbly sometimes depending on how you are holding her.

-She started generally sleeping through the night about a week and a half ago. In that week and a half we've had 8-10 hour stretches, but a couple nights in there she got up somewhere in the middle. Learning to sleep is a skill I suppose so I fully expect every night to be a little different for a while. And then once we see a real pattern emerge, maybe it will be a stuffy nose, ear infection, teeth or just plain loneliness that will change things up again. I will just keep enjoying any rest I get and hope it continues!

-She licks her fist like a lollipop any chance she gets.

-She is cooing and smiling all the time now, which I absolutely LOVE. She loves to stare at clocks and light fixtures and flirt with them. It's like she's sharing a private joke with these things, which just makes us laugh.

-Her curls are starting to tighten up and get a little more unruly. They are still quite soft but I can tell it's changing a little. Supposedly I need to start putting a little olive oil in her hair and making finger coils so both she and her hair get used to being manhandled...hairstyling will be a huge part of both our lives one day soon!

-Her hands no longer match the color of mine like they did when she was born. I'm regretful that I never took a direct picture of our hands together right away. It'd be interesting to look back and see how much they've changed in 2 short months (they are now the same deep brown as the rest of her).

-She doesn't love or hate the nuk. It helps her to calm down in a moment of anger, but she doesn't use it most of the day.

-Naps are unpredictable. This morning she slept from 9 to 11 which was nice; I wonder if that will become routine. I'm scared of being a slave to naps again...while I always cherished nap time, it's going to hard to have one napping and one not in the afternoons.

-She eats 4-6 oz at a time. We regularly offer 6 oz because so often she will pound the whole thing, but just as often she is bored after 4.

-She is bright eyed, happy and gorgeous. I can't believe how lucky we got...


2 comments:

  1. You sure are lucky. That is true! Soooo true! I love the little lollipop analogy! Cute. You'll be so thankful you have it in the memory books (online version!)!!
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! need to see her more often-she is just so darn pretty. keep the updates coming. i love to read it and hope to learn what is to come with my lil man...but i doubt we'll be as lucky on the sleep end! RR

    ReplyDelete