Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Feelin' All Misty Eyed

It's funny to think that 2 months and 2 days ago I was walking around the Betty Brinn Children's Museum with Simon on his 4th birthday, clueless about the call that would come in the 4 o'clock hour later that day.

There were a bunch of little African American girls there that morning and I remember checking out their hair wondering how in the world I would ever braid like that one day and wondering if my daughter would look like any of them. It's funny that sometimes I will see a little AA girl now and wonder if Baby Girl will look like that. Then I remember that Baby Girl has a name now and while I don't know what she will look like as a 2 or 3 or 4 year old, I know what she looks like at this very moment. The thought that all the waiting and wondering is now a living, breathing thing still makes me all misty eyed.

Something else that's been making me feel nice and sappy inside is that my best friend from 7th grade had her baby on Sunday. A perfect little baby girl. It's amazing to me that after almost two decades of friendship we still see each other often, we have babies just a couple of months apart and those babies are now "God Sisters." We chose her husband to be Cecilia's Godfather and they chose yours truly to be their baby's Godmother (insert huge smile here). The thought that we have such good friends in them and so many others is a beautiful thing!

They are both super excited about having to take a picture together.

1 comment: