Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A good book

I have had a string of good luck with books lately. Usually for every few books that I start, one actually engages me enough to stick it through to the end. Is that weird, to start so many books and not finish them? Or is that a sign that people get book deals way too easily? In any case, I just finished my fourth book in a row. The Light Between the Oceans holds the allure of being the fifth, but only time will tell.

So Kids, if you want to know what your mother had in her ears while you were napping or at school (or while she was ignoring you when you were both home and awake), here you go:

{The past four}
Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez

{The ones that stuck with me over the past several months or years}
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Bossypants by Tina Fey
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol and Angles & Demons by Dan Brown
The Dragon Tattoo Series by Stieg Larsson
The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Mystic River by Dennis Lehane
Kenzie Series by Dennis Lehane
The Hunger Game Series by Suzanne Collins
God Grew Tired of Us by John Bul Dau

I'm sure there are many, many more that I just can't think of right now, but these are the ones that I can remember really enjoying, or at the very least, finishing :)

If you're up for leaving me a comment (please!!) give me some more I can add to this list! Blindly going into the library with only hopes and dreams of finding an interesting book doesn't usually pan out; those little people who follow me around always have me feeling a bit rushed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment