Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What a week...

I've read one too many tragic stories this week. The two that have gotten to me most are of course Boston and then the local "mother" who, after several run ins with Child Protective Services in recent months, decided to lock her children in a room while she went to work and meanwhile the house burned to the ground. These sickening, gut wrenching stories have settled deeply into the folds of my brain; I'm just so sad for so many people.

In times like this I can't help but feel extra grateful for all of my loved ones, but also inordinately fearful that at any moment they could be taken away. Mission accomplished I suppose. Events like in Boston are meant to create fear, right? I'm pretty sure.

Not much to do but keep moving forward.

It'd be nice if these two could grow up in a world made up of only love and no fear, but they're just going to have to learn to live with both. It's just part of being human I think. In the meantime, they're only going to know the love part (and maybe a little bit of healthy fear to keep them in line).












0 comments:

Post a Comment