Saturday, June 8, 2013

The farm

Yesterday Simon and I (and the rest of the 4K kids in all of Menomonee Falls) went to a really fun, hands on farm. He got to - among other things - ride a pony, go on a hay ride, feed goats and llamas, milk a cow, hold a chicken, and pet a duck (and a bunny, a chinchilla, a hedgehog, a gerbil, and probably more...I can't remember everything he pet at this station, I was starting to fade by this point).

It was a really fun day for everyone and we lucked out with beautiful, sunny weather. I left my big camera at home, but whipped out my iPhone plenty!

--

Most of the kids were sitting nicely and reading books before we were all ready to head out. I think this pack of boys was plotting something, I'm not sure:


These sunglasses cracked me up because we got them from the dollar store a few weeks ago and they happened to match the shirt he picked out. He was the only kid with shades so he looked like he was too cool for school, but really they were super practical on a day like yesterday!


He loves pony rides, so this could have been all we did for the day and he probably would have been happy:



Moms and dads got to take turns too :)


Chasing a chicken....


Got one! One of the moms said, "isn't it weird that we eat those things?" and before I could stop myself I said, "Oh well I'm vegetarian." I could practically see her eyes rolling. Haha.


And the little gal who totally reminds me of Cecilia...


"I really thought it looked like it was peeing...didn't it look like it was peeing Mom?!"


At the small animal petting station one of the kids tried to choke this poor duck. Our leader, Miss Amanda was pissed, and scolded the heck out of that kid and rightly so...a minute earlier he tried pulling an ear off a different animal. He won't be going to the same school as Simon next year.


I watched this goat drop a whole mess of pellets before taking this picture. Enjoy the view. 


A lovely mother-son picture. I was even tickling him to try to get him to smile but that tongue prevailed.


Separately, Bryan and I both asked what his favorite part of the day was. 
He said to both of us, "When the pigs farted."

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had so much fun. when you were taking Abby's pics he was telling me all about his upcoming field trip and how he hoped you would go. Also the picture where they look like they are plotting someone - looks like Simon is the cool, calculating leader in those shades. Ha. JG

    ReplyDelete