Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Update

It's been about 7 months since I first posted about Simon reading a book to me so I thought it was high time for an update.

When he first started out, he was reading very simple and very short books that consisted of about six sentences in total - this was a challenge for him and about as much focus as he could muster (rightfully so). Today he read a book that had 32 pages, with about three simple sentences on each page.  Quite an improvement if you ask me! A few months ago he would have taken one look at that first page and would have been so overwhelmed that he wouldn't even try. I love that he is getting more confidence and that he wants to read to me as much as he wants to be read to (the summer reading program through his school and the library are definitely helping with this!).

Anyway, here is a short video of him reading a page out of the aforementioned book:

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Go Simon! So fun to hear it!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so weird that I wrote about reading and you posted this week! He is doing great. So fun! It's amazing how they just figure it out when they are ready.

    ReplyDelete