Thursday, February 16, 2012

These Guys


The man....
Calls her "Little One."
Stays up with her until 11 or later every night so I can go to sleep early.
Listens to me repeat detailed bedtime instructions every night without snapping an "I KNOW!"
Meets up with her again around 4am.
Talks to her in this crazy baby voice that was in hibernation for the past few years.
Is trying hard to be helpful so I don't lose my mind.

The boy...
Calls her "Our Baby"
Expresses his distaste for her crying ("Cecilia, stop it!").
Had trouble sleeping in his bed all night for a few nights, but seems to be back on track (thanks to the power of a bribe).
Is all about the Daddy since the Mommy is a little preoccupied.
Acts like she's always been here.
Wants to know why she doesn't want to play with toys.
Is being as good of a big brother as any kid could be.

--

It's kind of interesting to sit back and watch these two men in my life adjust to a new baby. I like what I see.



0 comments:

Post a Comment