Sunday, February 12, 2012

A week in review

It's been several days since my last post and a lot has happened since then. It feels like a lifetime ago that we were starting our first morning together without Bryan back in IL....

Monday, February 6:
Last Monday was Bryan's first day back at work and Cecilia and I were on our own in IL for the day. The whites of her eyes weren't looking white enough for me so I decided to go on mission to get her checked out by a doctor. Easy enough, right? Here's how easy it was:

Leave around 12:30pm. Head to hospital 25 minutes away, per advice of insurance company rep. Miss exit on the way there. Navigate back on track using phone, trying not to get us both killed. Get there to find out they do not have urgent care, only an emergency room. Decide there has to be an urgent care around to save us a few hundred bucks. Call insurance company back for an alternative solution. Realize my phone has 10% battery left. Try not to freak out. Remember I passed a Walmart. Buy car charger. Buy them completely out of the Similac pre-filled 2oz bottles because I think it will make me feel less stressed. Head to "immediate care" another 25 minutes away. Get to said immediate care center, try to be brave because it's in a shady area and proceed to get turned away because they don't treat anyone under 7. Call mom sobbing. Get out of shady area. Park in safer looking grocery store lot. Feed and change baby. Call social worker for advice. She's out. Call Bryan to take care of it and tell me where to go. Make various other phone calls trying to solve problem until I hear back from Bryan. He tells me to go back to original hospital for blood work, sans exam. Get to hospital. Order isn't in. Lady has to call for it. Baby screams whilst getting blood drawn from heel. I try not to cry with her. Head back to hotel. Miss exit. Finally get back to hotel at 6:30pm, starving from lack of time to get food since breakfast.

Glad that day is behind me...and thank goodness Cecilia slept through it all (and she's fine by the way)!

This just shows you that even a 9 pound baby is still a peanut!

Tuesday, February 7:
PW visited me for the whole day, which was great. We went out to lunch and went to Gurnee Mills. Some ladies stopped us in the mall to ogle over Cecilia and asked, "Who is the mother?" I said I was and she said, "Oh I didn't know because you both look so great!" As if our physiques was the only thing that really made her wonder. HA!

Wednesday, February 8:
Court day! We went into downtown Chicago to meet with an attorney and have our time in front of a judge to give us custody of Cecilia. We got there early and were therefore able to get squeezed in before the judge's lunch break so all in all it was a smooth process. We had a surprise visit to the sheriff's department too, where she had to be summoned or something. Next thing we know this is happening and my face is beat red:


We got back to the hotel around 2pm, and at 3pm we got the call saying we've been approved to go home! We were back before 6pm and ready to start this new crazy life.

Thursday, February 8 through Sunday, February 12:
These days we're just trying to adjust. Simon has been pushing buttons a little more than usual and I am having an even harder time keeping my house picked up than usual (which means it's getting pretty wild looking 'round these parts). It was nice to have Bryan back for a few days to help out and he got Cecilia's room finished up today, so that's one less thing to think about. Tomorrow, I have to focus on keeping my house picked up, work on Run Like a Mother and figure out dinner. Why does that sound overwhelming?!

Don't mind my tired face...just make note of the wrap. I bought it a few days ago and love that I can get things done while holding her. It helps reduce that overwhelming feeling, at least a little!
A blurry iPhone pic, but I still thought it was cute.

I really think yellow is her color.

Can't leave out the boy!


Check out those lips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment