Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1-31-12

Yesterday my good friend Jessi came over for the afternoon to help keep my mind occupied. While she was here, my mom ran over (literally) from her house and the three of us were sitting around the kitchen table when I got a call from a 608 number. It had to be my social worker calling from home.

It was. All she said was, "I don't know anything, except that the baby was born today."

She had literally no other information - not the time of birth, size, gender verification, etc. My mom announced that the baby was a 9 pounder (this was a statement, not a guess), but she turned out to be off...by an ounce.

An hour or so after Jessi and my mom left, we got the news that the baby was born around 9:15am, she was indeed a girl, and she was a healthy 8lbs 15oz. I even got to talk to the birth mom for a minute. Not near long enough, but long enough to hear her voice and tell her we want to do whatever we can to make this easier for her.

We are waiting for more information today, but as of now the plan is to get on the road this afternoon to go meet Baby Girl. I can't even wrap my head around this....

3 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeeeee! Thought about ou guys all nite. Tried to imagine all the thoughts going through your heads. Soooo very happy for you guys! Rr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stop wondering about you guys last night either- it was actually hard to sleep! This is wonderful news!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting. I can't wait to hear more. Everytime you get good news, I just cry for a minute. So happy for you that things are falling into place.

    ReplyDelete