Thursday, April 28, 2011

Frickin, Frickin

We were exiting the library the other day, and out of the blue Simon said, "frickin frickin." He just kind of looked at me then, as if mildly curious about whether he was going to get a reaction or not (though he didn't really care either way).

I calmly told him we don't say that. He responded with, "I need a frickin frickin toy in the car." I put my bad mom hat on and just started laughing. What was I supposed to do? I know he heard it from me. I can't really expect him to know what words are okay for me to use, but not for him to use. I should have censored myself better a long time ago, but alas, I shall start a little late.

I wonder what that elderly man right behind us thought of this whole exchange.

This has nothing to do with anything except it was cute. Simon and his cousin were pretending that the wagon was a boat and the golf clubs were paddles. While we were walking they were yelling (in unison) "paddle, paddle, paddle!"

1 comment:

  1. i love it that kids know what fishing is and boating and stuff that they likely have never done before. love that our kids have imaginations!!!
    pw

    ReplyDelete