Monday, April 4, 2011

Painful Laughter

Last night Simon made me laugh harder than I think he's ever made me laugh before. I had the full on hunched over, painful, teary eyed, snort-filled laugh that I used to get all the time when I was younger. Now being 29, I still give a chuckle and a giggle at something every day, but intense laughing fits don't come around all that often anymore.

When Simon was supposed to hopping into bed, I went downstairs to get something. He decided to follow and I yelled for Bryan to grab him to keep him upstairs. Simon was too quick, though, and he caught right up to me before Bryan was half way down the stairs. All the while, Bryan is telling Simon in a stern voice that he better come upstairs. Eventually Bryan told Simon that he had to the count of three to get upstairs or he was getting a spanking.

**Side Note: Now I know everyone has their own ideas on the usefulness of spanking. In our house, it is used minimally as a last ditch effort or when the seriousness of his offense merits a little sting on the cheeks. Bryan's way of spanking, however, is to lightly pat him a few times on the butt over his clothes so that it feels more like a love tap and is subsequently not an effective disciplinary method.**

Since Simon knows that Daddy's spankings are actually more like a tickle, he laughed in the face of danger and yelled to me, "I WILL STOP HIM!" He said this with all the confidence and gumption of a soldier ready for action. He then ran into the kitchen where Bryan had appeared and yelled at the top of his lungs "BADAAAAAAA!" with his hand out in front of him in the "stop" position (Simon later told me that "bada" is what Diego says to stop the animals). He yelled this over and over and I seriously fell apart.

I know reading about (or even hearing about it) really doesn't do it justice, but trust me, it was comedy at its finest :) I WISH I had my video camera on for it last night, but I wasn't that lucky. Instead, for your viewing pleasure, here is Simon rocking out at State Fair last summer:


1 comment:

  1. Watching this video made me laugh just as hard as I really was at the time!! Geez, I'm loud :) haha

    ReplyDelete