Wednesday, September 12, 2012

5 Minutes

I feel like I would be doing a disservice to my friends and family if I didn't share this with you...

A while back I posted about making homemade laundry detergent. It worked fine, but it was a teensy bit complicated and it wasn't formulated for high efficiency machines so I went back to using store bought detergents when we got a new machine.

I liked the idea of making my own, though, so I did some more research online and found a homemade detergent recipe that is A) good for any kind of washing machine and B) a million times easier than the last recipe I used.

Seriously, it is so easy. And so cheap. And it works significantly better than the kind I had been buying from the store.

So here's what you do...find 5 minutes in your day, finely grate a bar of ivory soap with a cheese grater and add it to a cup of borax and a cup of washing soda. Mix well. The end!

Yup, I'm excited about laundry detergent. Hellooooo thirties!! :)

{Store detergent in an airtight container. Use 1-2 tablespoons per load. For detailed directions and pictures, click here.}

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I'm right there with ya T! I totally want to try this. Thanks for sharing! - SD

    ReplyDelete