Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Dog. Happy Brother. Happy Update.

Happy Dog:

We're at that stage when I can put Cecie in her high chair with little food bits and she will be entertained for quite some time trying to eat said food. 


She manages to get some in her mouth with great effort and determination, but most of it winds up on her body or the floor.

Enter dog.


Elliot loves this and, frankly, I love it too. Not having to clean a single thing up off the floor (or even from the seat of the high chair) is pretty awesome. We have a living, breathing vacuum cleaner to happily take care of that for us.


Now if only Elliot could figure out how to get mashed food out of the deep recesses of her fro, we'd be all set.


--

Happy Brother:

Having Simon around to watch Cecilia grow up has been ridiculously fun so far. He was there when she first learned to crawl, when she started to crawl with her belly off the floor, when she first started babbling ("she said 'grandpa!'"), etc. He gets so excited when he sees her doing something new.


The other day, she was in her pack 'n play and reached up so that she was standing on her knees holding on the the side. Simon saw this and yelled to me, "Mom! Come quick! Cecie is doing something super cool!"


And then today, when she got all the way to her feet in there, he exclaimed, "Mom! She's standing! She's standing, Mom!" with pure joy on his face (she thought this was pretty cool too, as you can see).


I have always loved watching babies learn new things. It's just exciting for me to see tiny humans do something they have never, ever done before. But throw Simon's excitement into the mix? It practically kills me.

--

Happy Update:

Since August 27th, I've skipped working out 3 days. I intended to skip out zero days, but I'm fine with it. Taking a day off every week is reasonable in the grand scheme of things and I hope I can continue this trend indefinitely. Having a routine helps...every morning I get up, get the kids fed and ready, head to the Y, work out, head home and immediately put Cecilia down for her first nap of the day. I know when it gets colder out it's going to be a little more of a mental challenge, but we'll make it happen. So that's that.

And coffee? So last month. Caffeine too. I decided I couldn't live without a warm beverage every day, though, so I've made friends with herbal tea. Badabing.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smiles you bring to my day with your stories and photos. Those two are absolutely precious! And Elliot, she's a good dog!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so dang beautiful! I may invest in a dog when I have kids...does seem nice with the clean up :) I love to hear how excited Simon gets about Cecie....you have two amazing kiddos!!

    AG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pictures!
    Love the odds and ends.
    Proud of you for committing to something that is important to you.
    I already told you this, but that first pic of Cecie took my breath away for a moment when I first saw it, somehow giving me a glimpse of what I picture her to look like as a teenager!!
    pw

    ReplyDelete