Sunday, September 2, 2012

30 Day Challenge & A Cecie Update

Seven days strong.

The coffee thing hasn't actually been that much of an issue. I think making the announcement actually did help me to feel more committed to this goal. I've had a few people reach out to me about the whole creamer obsession which was very nice...they just wanted to make sure that I knew there were ways to make your own creamer and/or get natural varieties. I was using a natural kind already so at the very least I wasn't pumping my body full of fake fillers, but I was still getting a lot of extra calories from it. I've switched to plain old green tea and that seems to meet my need for a warm drink throughout the day (why I need this year round, I'm not sure), plus rumor has it that green tea has a lot of health benefits so I'm glad the switch has been working!

As for the exercise, I have stuck to it but realized how engrained excuses have been in my day. Anytime I would think about working out I would immediately come up with a laundry list of reasons why it just couldn't fit into my day. For the past seven days, however, I have had to completely change my thought process and rearrange my day so that a workout wouldn't get left out. Today I went immediately after having a pancake breakfast. I never would have done that before, but I knew that if I didn't go right then the day was going to slip right by me. This is how my husband thinks about fitting exercise in...Just ate? So what. Sun isn't up yet? Well later I'm busy. It's almost time for bed? I guess I'm going to go to sleep a little later. He takes a look at the day figures out where it's going to fit best for our family and rolls with it. I am trying to learn from him in that way!

Like I said, though, seven days strong. I'm feeling determined to get to that 30 day marker before taking a day off from exercise and coffee, well I think I need to say never again because one cup and I'll be done for all over again...

--

And as promised, a Cecie update. I realize I just wrote a lengthy post about her 3 days ago, but I wanted to share a couple of videos because in baby-land a few days can make a big difference!


and...

Please forgive the obnoxious parents in the background :)

3 comments:

  1. 30 days straight of exercise with no days off?! You're crazy! But keep up the good work :) I love Cecie's face when she finally gets the plane & Simon takes it right away! Haha...I think this girl is going to stand her ground!!! :)

    AG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe how on the move she is! Rr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed Theresa! You are so right about finding reasons not to exercise. You are proving to me that my 3 x a week goal should be totally attainable. You are my inspiration! :) My heart just melts at Cecie's pics and video. She is the cutest!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete