Thursday, September 13, 2012

Passing through Tantrum City


We've been seeing the above expression (with accompanying sound effects) entirely too often these past few days. August was a fantastic month; if you recall I even wrote about how agreeable Simon had been as of late, but that agreeable kid appears to have gone in hiding and a possessed version of himself has risen to the surface.

I know that the normal child he can be will win out again eventually, but man is it frustrating to deal with his bull shit in the meantime!

Interestingly enough, after the fit he threw in the grocery store I told him he was teaching Cecilia how to be naughty and he did not like that idea. I said he needed to act like a nice boy so that Cecilia could learn how to be a nice girl, and he actually stopped crying at this point to set a good example.

I will be using this tactic against him in the future...thank goodness he loves his little sister so much! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment