Wednesday, September 21, 2011

HelpUsAdopt.Org

I was reading People Magazine the other day and came across their section about everyday heroes. This one definitely caught my eye...it was about a couple who founded an organization called helpusadopt.org.

Because of the severity of their infertility issues, this couple went right to IVF after about a year of trying to conceive naturally. Five cycles, three miscarriages and over $80,000 later they were pursuing adoption.

They admit they were lucky, though. They had the funds to do all of this. Most of us don't have the means to exhaust every last option, plus have enough left over to adopt if the treatments don't work. So they started helpusadopt.org, started fundraising, added some of their own money, and began providing grants to families who would otherwise remain childless due to the lovely combo of infertility and lack of funds.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

2 comments:

  1. I read this article too and thought of you immediately! Keeping my fingers crossed! -jr

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty cool, but they turned us down when we applied for their grant, so now I'm a little bitter towards them!
    -JT

    ReplyDelete