Friday, September 2, 2011

No news is good news?

I finally broke down and emailed my social worker for an update. She said that she might not have an answer until she meets with the birthmom on September 7th. So much for the "end of next week." (Big sigh.)


I can't help but wonder whether no news is good news, bad news, or just that...no news. My insides tell me it's not good. After all, if she saw our portfolio and loved us, wouldn't she tell Lynn right away who would then tell me right away? My guess is that she is moving forward with another family but wants to interview them first to make sure she gets a good vibe before letting the rest of us down gently. The fact remains that my crystal ball is broken, though, and all we can do is blindly speculate...not exactly a foolproof way to tell the future.


I'll of course be disappointed if we are not picked, but I can't help but feel like the right person will at some point and that fact will soften the blow. What matters most is that Birth Mom finds a family she feels like she can send her baby home with....can you imagine having to make that choice? I know I can't.

1 comment:

  1. You have a good attitude about it all. The right person will pick you guys and you're right...what a huge decision this birth mom has to make!! I can't imagine. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

    AG

    ReplyDelete