Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yesterday

"Momma, I'm going to miss you when I'm at school."
"No, you won't miss me. You won't even be thinking about me!"
"Yes I will think!"

Later on our walk into the school...
"It's okay Mommy, I won't miss you anymore."
Phew :)

Yesterday was Simon's first first day of school. He looked like this:




Seeing him with that backpack on walking out to the car almost put me over the edge. I lost it for a few seconds, but pulled myself together. It's just hard to believe that he is a big enough boy to comfortably have a backpack on, not to mention big enough to be headed to preschool. A friend posted on Facebook, "WTH...my baby is 2 and a half months old already." When will that feeling go away? Ever? I'm not sure I want it to.

Anyway, it appears he had a good day. He ran to give me a hug with a loud "Mommmmmyyyy!" when he saw me and told me he had ice cream and Oreos for snack. I asked his friend Macey to verify and she said they had pink cookies for Sofia's birthday. Later she said they had pink ice cream and cookies. I think between the two of them we might just get an idea of what they really did in school that day :)

--------

Yesterday was a big day for another reason. We knew that Birth Mom was going to be making her final selections. You can tell from my post yesterday that I wasn't exactly handling it all that well. My stomach was as knotted as it's ever been waiting for that call. I was told the meeting would be over at 2:30, so at 3:30 I acted like a crazy person and called the agency. I wound up asking inappropriate questions of the secretary, but found out Lynn would be in a meeting until 4. Somehow I mustered up the strength not to call until 4:15, but when I did I finally heard Lynn's voice and could hear her smile through the phone.

Yesterday morning there were eight couples in question. Yesterday afternoon it was narrowed down to three, in which we are included. Relief literally poured over me and my knots untwisted. We still have a long way to go, though.

Hopefully she will make her final decision in the next 3-4 days and will want to meet with that couple sometime next week. She is due in less than 2 weeks, so time really is of the essence.

All around this is positive. Even if we aren't her final choice, it's nice to know we made the first cut for whatever reason. It makes me feel more confident that someone else will pick us out of the crowd and ultimately choose us.

If only my hair wasn't so frizzy in so many pictures maybe we would have been the clear winners right away....we'll never know :)

4 comments:

  1. tears here. This is so exciting! You are right. If you aren't picked...you got close and that means it won't be long. I am so excited for you. Hang in there. I can only imagine what it is like to be you today. Crazy rollercoaster of emotions. Enjoy the ride!
    Sarah, RR's sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congrats to your cutie Simon! What a big boy!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for simon and his first first day of school! It is crazy to think that my friends have kiddos going to school already! Best wishes on a GREAT school year!

    ER

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to Simon on his first days of school. He looks absolutely adorable in all the pictures, and his smile is the best! That's so cool that his buddy Macey is in class with him. :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete