Sunday, August 19, 2012

Danger! Volcanoes

This post shares a title with Simon's new favorite book. We randomly picked it out at the library last week and even though we've read it many times already he still marvels at the information in this book, oohing and aahing throughout.

So what do you do when your kid falls in love with volcanoes? You channel your inner science teacher and make one.

Since I'm not really an arts and crafts kind of mom I was a little nervous to suggest it because I knew once I did Simon was going to hold me to it. I checked to make sure we had all the ingredients and decided to dive in. Needless to say, Simon was EXCITED. He pulled up a chair to the counter, we measured everything, mixed everything and got our volcano built.

We asked the neighbor kids if they wanted to watch our volcano erupt and of course they did, so in front of a tiny crowd we put our volcano to the test...



Their happy little shrieks were soooooo worth it :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment