Friday, August 10, 2012

Quick Adoption Update

Apparently the people who work in the courts of IL are big fatty FIBs. Our adoption was supposed to be finalized on the 2nd. It wasn't. Then it was supposed to be finalize on the 9th. It, too, wasn't.

Now we're looking at the 15th.

A document that was once in our file disappeared. It was replaced easily enough, but now we have to wait some more. The clerk said to our lawyer, "I know it was here, I saw it. I'm sure it'll turn up eventually."

Yup.

Luckily our lawyer knows how important this is and got it all figured out rather than waiting for a lost piece of paper to grow legs and walk back to our file in a timely manner. She doesn't foresee anymore problems come Wednesday, but clearly there are raging effing idiots handling our file so I'm not going to hold my breath.

I will just take comfort in the fact that supposedly everything was done correctly and is all accounted for and nothing will take our child away from us...we're just waiting for government employees to get their head's out of their asses so this formality can take place and we can close this chapter once and for all!

(If you are a government employee, I'm sorry for the dig. I love you.)

2 comments: