Thursday, August 30, 2012

Seven Months

Tomorrow our peanut is seven months old...the past month has brought a few new changes in her world, as every month the first year guarantees to do.

She started truly babbling, even throwing a "mama" out there once when she wanted to get out of her crib. Is it a real word? Surely not since it only happened once, but it was still music to my ears :)


She has shown that she understands some language and knows who we are. She knows her name; when you ask her where mommy, daddy or Simon is she can find the right person by looking at them; and she'll wave her little hand when you ask her to say hi or bye bye. So cute.


She gets angry when you take something away from her. Like...very angry. It's pretty funny, but makes me worry a lil' about the crazy toddler years ahead! The good news is that - for now - you can just give her something else and she'll turn off the tears immediately. 


She love avocado. She doesn't love broccoli. She loves carrots. She doesn't love applesauce. We are working on feeding her a variety of foods but I will be the first to tell you that this part of parenting is challenging for me. I know it makes me sound like a big idiot, but I forget to feed her people food some days. I look forward to the day when she can feed herself little bits of food because I know I'll she'll get more that way. She seems to be surviving and thriving just how we're doing it, so I'm not going to stress too much about it!


She is getting closer to crawling on her hands and knees instead of her elbows and knees, but she definitely prefers the good old fashioned army crawl still. So far she hasn't ventured much past the living room thankfully. I have to watch her closely even in that one room (lamps and babies need to learn to coexist), but she seems content to stop at the first outlet she gets to and not worry about the next one down the line. Good times.


She is - dare I say it - getting on a nap schedule. We had to use some sleep training techniques to accomplish this, but it seems to be working ("sleep training" is a nice way of saying "cry it out" in case you couldn't figure that out). With Simon starting school, I really hope our streak continues! Thank you Grandma Berta for getting her to nap for 3 hours and telling me all you did was lay her down and let her cry for a few minutes. For some reason, it never occurred to me to let her put herself to sleep for naps....big duh.


She reminds me of why I hate bath time and makes me wonder with every cell in my being how anyone could love giving their kids a bath every day or even every other day. I could give Simon a bath every day now that he is older and more independent, but Cecie? Ugh. She actively and fervently tries to simultaneously drown herself and crack her head open the entire time. I literally work up a sweat trying to get her freaking hair washed. She is twisting all over the place and thrashes every time water is poured on her head. She doesn't cry or seem to mind, it just brings out the crazy in her. Maybe I need Grandma Berta to give her a bath and give me some brilliant nugget of advice on how to get through it with both of us happy and uninjured!

So this Cecilia as a 7 month old! Happy, growing and fun with a solid dose of wild :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Can't believe she is 7 months already :)

    AG

    ReplyDelete