Friday, August 24, 2012

strangebugs.com

We went outside today to hang some laundry and I spotted a very strange, rather large bug hanging on tight to the line. It seemed harmless enough, so I called Simon over to take a look....


I've never seen this kind of bug before and told Simon as much.

"We'll have to go look it up on strangebugs.com," he said.

I had to take a moment to laugh and absorb this. I tried to ask him where he heard that before and deduced that he made it up; he just assumed that you could figure out what a strange bug was by going to strangebugs.com. I'm sure this is perfectly normal logic for a child of his age, but I couldn't help but marvel at his understanding of the internet. I guess that's just life growing up these days...you just know what the internet is all about.

To further prove that he knows a thing or two, he followed up his website suggestion with, "I think it's a Cicada." Sure enough, he was right. For the record, strangebugs.com was not actually our source for confirming this :)

1 comment:

  1. my boys do the exact same thing. And they have named actual websites randomly...like www.superhero.com or whatever. It does sound so odd and funny when they say it.

    ReplyDelete