Monday, August 20, 2012

Poor, Sad Elliot

Our dog loves other dogs. When we are on a walk she literally spins in circles several times every time she sees one...it's quite a sight. Lucky for me I usually walk with friends and they are kind enough to let me push the stroller while they deal with Elliot's shenanigans (not really sure how we worked that one out). If she was loose in the yard she would always tear after other dogs like a bat out of hell. It has got to look scary seeing this dog coming at you with such intensity, but all she really wants to do is say hi and take a good sniff.

Well, one neighbor didn't take too well to Elliot trying to say hello to his pansy little wiener dog. After the second "approach" he yelled that he would call the cops on us if we didn't keep her leashed. Now I can't really blame him, but he was a pretty big a-hole about it. Being the goody-goody that I am in my heart, though, I knew Elliot's days of roaming free had come to an end. This is really safer for her anyways, but it has not been going well keeping her tied up. Look how sad she looks...


We have a 30 foot leash for her, but she hardly moves when it's attached. She won't poop or pee with it on unless we are holding it up and "walking" her around the yard with it. This has led to a lot of whining to go out in the middle of the night and even a nice big pile of poo in our house.

I suppose she will get used to this new arrangement, but it's been about a week and so far she is as spooked by it as she was the first day. Luckily for Elliot, Simon wants to be wherever she is and he insisted one fine morning that Elliot was thirsty (aka "I really want an excuse to use the hose") and he kept her company...



2 comments:

  1. Awwww I always forget you have a dog bc she is always in that room. Our dog is crazy too so feel free to leave her out she roeders are around! She is really adorable! Rr

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was born to be free!

    ReplyDelete