Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Six Months

Having babies around constantly makes you marvel at the passing of time. The first year especially, it seems like every single month you're thinking, "Oh my gosh, how is this baby X months old already?!" Maybe it feels so hard to believe because so much changes so quickly....


Six months ago this baby's most challenging life skill was literally to focus on something for a minute or two. A mere six months later she's busting a gut at peek-a-boo, eating from a spoon and dragging herself around the living room looking for anything she can get her hands on.

Here she's got her eyes on the prize....


....and success!

One change I'm pretty excited about now that she's a big fancy six month old is retiring that damn infant car seat carrier. There may be a few times here and there when I'm sure I'll wish I still had it, but her new car seat has a super cute cow print on it AND I'll get to look at this when I'm out shopping...



So anyway, half a year into her life, Cecilia...
  • Loves to give hugs. 
  • Immediately turns to look at me and watches me for awhile as if daring me to leave her line of sight when she's in someone else's arms. 
  • Pretty much sits up on her own, although this seems to be too boring to do for too long.
  • Has a napping schedule that disgraces the very essence of the word "schedule." I don't want to talk about it.
  • LOVES her big brother and will laugh at anything he does, even when he cries which fires him all up (outraged, "She's laughing at me because I'm crying!").
  • Has hair that I'm not totally sure what to do with...you've seen it...there's a lot.
  • Has 2 teeth and drools constantly, presumably prepping for more.
  • Loves to eat anything I give her from a spoon and wants to be eating when we are (so I can't wait for the finger food stage...it's not easy to feed a baby and yourself at the same time).
  • Weighs 18 pounds and 8.5 ounces (91st%); is 28 inches long (99th%); and has a head that is 45 centimeters around (97th%)....all this makes her the size of an average 10 month old according to the doctor!
I can't properly express in words just how much I love this child. One more day and she is allllllllll ours! :)

3 comments:

  1. Saying "she is so adorable" is getting old isn't it? But you can't help it...she IS so fricken adorable. She seems to be growing and advancing and keeping you right on your toes. I will be sohpy for your relief when she is alllll yours...but truth be told she is already all yours to all offs. I can't remember life without her in yours! Rr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already all yours to all of us ...is what it is supposed to say. Rr

    ReplyDelete
  3. That girl is determined when she wants something! I love her face when she is crawling to something...saw it live for the first time today & it was awesome :) It is amazing the changes they make! Such a happy baby too!

    AG

    ReplyDelete