Monday, August 6, 2012

This, That and the Other Thing.

This: 

Cecilia isn't officially adopted yet. Big boo. It was supposed to happen on August 2nd, but the lawyer called me in the evening to inform me that the judge is a big chump and didn't dig deep enough into our file to find what he was looking for so he wouldn't sign off on it. Apparently everything that is needed is there, but this one form was delivered later so it wasn't in the right place and here we are. Hopefully all will be rectified this Thursday!

That:

My mom painted his whole face like a superhero and this was what it looked like after he played in the sprinkler. Zombies anyone?

I feel like our summer really starts today. Simon has had summer school from 8:30-11:30 four times a week since mid-June and now it's over. I was nervous to do it at first because I didn't want to be a slave to school and be so busy all summer, but I'm really glad we did it. It gave us some structure in our day and he loved it, so it was a win all around. He's to the point where he wants a playmate as often as possible and school gave that to him. He's still pretty good at playing independently, but there's nothing like playing with a friend...which leads me to....

The Other Thing:

We are getting new neighbors! The house next door has been vacant for over 8 years. It's a huge, cool Spanish style home that was presumably built when ours was, sometime 75+ years ago. The previous owners have done a ton of work to it so it could have a better chance at selling and last week it finally did...

...to a family with a 3 year old girl and a 5 year old boy! We have no kids that young anywhere near us so that was really exciting to find out.

The Other Thing (Part 2):

Is it breaking the law to take a picture of a picture? Please don't turn me in if it is :)

We got Cecie's six month pictures done at the Picture People at Mayfair on Saturday. She proved to me that she can sit up like a champ, never coming close to toppling the whole time she had to sit for the photographer which was fun to see (usually at home she will sit for a bit then lean over to try to get her hands on something that is out of reach...clearly this is on purpose like I suspected).

Anyway, the real joy of this experience was when a 30-something black man passed us while we were waiting for our pictures and stopped to say hi to Cecie and try to make her smile. Then, with a genuine grin on his face, he looked at her and said "You gonna have a wonderful life," and walked away.

A moment I wish she could remember as well as I will :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful comment and so true! I hope that chump of a judge gets a move on it :)

    AG

    ReplyDelete