Monday, May 9, 2011

A Baby Swing

Yesterday I bought a baby swing for our swing set. My 1 year old nephew was going to be coming over in the afternoon and I wanted something fun for him and all the other little tykes who come to our house in the summer. Not only that, but it seemed like a good purchase for my second baby. No, this is not an announcement of any kind. This is a declaration that I now know it's a matter of WHEN, not IF, a second baby of mine will be sitting in that swing.

I've spend A LOT of time and energy trying to eliminate the desire for a bigger family and refused to use the term "when" when I was talking about a future child of mine. It was always, always, always "if." Now that we are finally and wholeheartedly ready to adopt, I know that I can take the "if" out of it. It's actually hard to get used to.

Back to the swing. It's strange to feel like I'm building back up to prepare for another baby. I had a rummage sale last year and sold most of my baby things or I've given them away over time...I didn't want to look at them or have them taking up space in my house. Now I need to figure out how to get it all back and that fact makes me unbelievably happy.

I don't know what color my baby will be. I don't know if it will be a boy or a girl. I don't know where or when she or he will be born. I don't even know how old the baby will be when I first set eyes on him or her. I pretty much know nothing except that, come hell or high water, Simon won't be my only child sitting in this swing :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm happy for your positive attitude and newfound determination! It is only a matter of when!!
    Pw

    ReplyDelete