Sunday, May 22, 2011

A new journey

After 29 mos of TTC, about 4,000 HPTs and almost just as many BFNs, I've finally said "so long" to the RE. No more POAS. I never have to look at another FRER or any others like it. No more OPKs. No more P4, E2 or HCG tests. No more BD at predetermined times. No more U/Ss. No more HCG triggers. No more irritation with my stupid LPD. No more worry about CDs or DPOs or DPIUIs or follies. SIF may always be a part of me, but AF is on her way and we're moving on.

---

By the end of the week, our initial paperwork will be in the mail to Paquette Adoption Services. They are going to help us find a little girl from either Illinois, Alabama, Texas or two other states that I can't remember right now. It's very possible that by the end of the year I could be posting a picture of our newborn daughter. [Holy crap.] It's probably going to be July or August by the time we have everything completed and are ready to have our profile presented to birth mothers. At the time birth mothers are making their final decisions, they are typically about 9 months pregnant. Thus, when we get the call that we were picked, we will be traveling within a week or so to go pick the baby up. Yes, it will be a crazy whirlwind.

There are so many things that I'm equal parts terrified about and excited about. I'm sure you'll hear all about it over the coming months.

Deep breaths.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh congrats theresa! i am so excited to observe this transition and excitement...every step of the way. eeeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you decided to go for a girl :) I'm super excited for you guys...can't wait to see how it all goes :) Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete